We are committed to sharing our research outputs on technology and migration widely, openly and freely. These take the form of journal articles, conference papers or presentations, workshops and blog posts, and are listed with the most recent at the top of each section (together with links where available).
Conference presentations and papers
- Unwin, T., Ghimire, A., Yeoh, S-G., Lorini, M.R. and Harindranath, G. (2021) Uses of digital technologies by Nepali migrants and their families, Egham: UNESCO Chair in ICT4D, Royal Holloway, University of London, Working Papers No.2.
- Unwin, T., Ghimire, A., Yeoh, S-G., New, S.S., Kishna, S.S., Gois, W., Lorini, M.R. and Harindranath, G. (2021) Uses of digital technologies by Nepali migrants in Malaysia, Egham: UNESCO Chair in ICT4D, Royal Holloway, University of London, Working Papers No.1.
- Harindranath, G. and Unwin, T (2019), Digital technologies and migration: Reducing inequalities or creating new ones?, TREO Talk, International Conference on Information Systems, 15th December, Munich, Germany.
- Harindranath, G. (2019) Digital technologies, migration and inequality, Presentation, Copenhagen Business School-Royal Holloway School of Management Joint Workshop, 16th September, Royal Holloway, UK.
Workshops and panels
Harindranath, G. (2020) Challenging the rhetoric around migration and digital technologies: Virtual ICT4D Non-Conference 2020 Panel Discussion, 16th September. Panellists: Tanja Dedovic – Senior Regional Thematic Specialist on Labour Mobility and Human Development for the Middle East and North Africa, International Organisation for Migration (IOM); Antonio Diaz-Andrade – Associate Professor, AUT University, Auckland; Evan Easton-Calabria – Senior Research Officer, ; Refugee Studies Centre, University of Oxford; William Gois – Regional Coordinator, Migrant Forum in Asia (MFA); Tim Unwin, Chairholder, UNESCO Chair in ICT4D, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Unwin, T. (2019) Panel discussion. How to improve data security and ethics when using big data, UCL Workshop on big data and migration, 3rd July 2019, London.
- Harindranath, G. (2020) Challenging the rhetoric around migration and digital technologies: Virtual ICT4D Non-Conference 2020 Panel Discussion, 28th September.
- Unwin, T. (2019) Working with, not for: migrants, technology and inequalities, Posted, 14th October 2019
- Harindranath, G. (2019) Why migrant technology research needs ‘values’ at its core, MIDEQ.org, Posted 31st August 2019
For blogs posted by other colleagues within MIDEQ, please see MIDEQ Blogs.
Latest update 19th August 2021