- Members: committed to taking an active role in the coalition
- Associate Members: those interested in and supportive of the coalition’s work but at present not able to take a proactive role
- Partners: those organisations having signed a partnership agreement with the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D to help deliver the coalition
The DESC Secretariat is hosted by the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D at Royal Holloway, University of London. There is no fee to become a member or partner, although partners are expected to provide support in some form for the delivery of the coalition. If you are interested in becoming a member or partner, do get in touch through our contacts page.
Partners are organisations that have signed a partnership agreement with the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D to help deliver the coalition.
Members are those who agreed to take an active role in the coalition’s work and are listed below in alphabetical order of first names.
- Álvaro Valverde, Project Manager, ict4d.at.
- Andrew Benson Greene, Founder and CEO of the B-Gifted Foundation and iEARN, Sierra Leone, Fellow Jeanne Sauvé Foundation, and Master of Science in Law Candidate (specializing in Intellectual Property Law), at the University of Maryland
- Claudia Pagliari, Founder and Director of the MSc in Global eHealth and Co-founder/theme leader of the NHS Digital Academy, Deanery of Molecular, Genetic and Population Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Dawn Watling, Professor in the Department of Psychology, Royal Holloway, University of London, Director of the Social Development Lab, and Co-Director of the interdisciplinary Hub for research into Intergenerational Vulnerability to Exploitation (HIVE) (UK). Her research explores how individuals’ engagement within their environment (nature, online, and digital immersive) may be connected to their mental health and wellbeing.
- Dayn Amade, CEO Tablet Comunitário
- Emanuele Giovannetti, Professor of Economics, School of Economics, Finance and Law, Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- Emmanuel C. Lallana, Chief Executive, Ideacorp (Philippines); Digital Development Advisor, UN/ESCAP Asian and Pacific Training Center for ICT for Development (APCICT), (Republic of Korea).
- Florian Sturm, Project Manager, ict4d.at.
- G. “Hari” Harindranath, Professor of Information Systems in the Department of Digital Innovation & Management, School of Business & Management, and member of the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D, at Royal Holloway, University of London, UK.
- Georg Steinfelder, Graphic Designer and Project Manager, ict4d.at.
- Irene Antonopoulos, Department of Law and Criminology, Royal Holloway, University of London (UK) with research focusing on human rights, migration and environmental degradation.
- Isabella Wagner, Österreichischen Plattform für Forschungs- und Technologiepolitikevaluierung and ict4d.at.
- James Crabbe is a Supernumerary Fellow at Wolfson College, Oxford (UK), a ‘100 Talents’ Special Visiting Professor at Shanxi University, Honorary Professor at both Changchun University of Science & Technology and at Wuhan Business University, China, and in 2021 was elected a Distinguished Fellow of the Institute of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- Jill Marshall is Law Professor in the Department of Law and Criminology at Royal Holloway, University of London (UK) and specialises in feminist legal theory and the human rights of women. Before becoming an academic, she was a senior international litigation lawyer.
- Knud Erik Skouby, Professor, Communication, Media and Information Technologies/ES (Electronic Systems), Aalborg University-Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Leandro Navarro, Professor, Department of Computer Architecture, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (Catalunya)
- Leon Gwaka, Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Technology, Innovation and Competition, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Michael J. Oghia, External Relations Coordinator, Sustainable Digital Infrastructure Alliance (SDIA).
- Natalia Robinson, UNESCO Chair in ICT4D, UK
- Narayanan N. Kulathu Ramaiyer, Director, Institute of Social Informatics and Technological Innovations (ISITI), Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (Malaysia).
- Onyema Nduka, Lecturer in Sustainable Power Systems in the Electronic Engineering Department of Royal Holloway University of London, UK.
- Paul Spiesberger, Chair and Project Manager ict4d.at, Austria.
- Raphael Kariuki, Researcher, ict4d.at.
- Redouane Touati, Assistant Professor of Information and Communication Sciences, Université de Yahia Farès de Médéa, Algeria.
- Roger Harris, The Institute of Social Informatics and Technological Innovations (ISITI), Universiti Malaysia Sarawak.
- Serge Stinckwich, Head of Research at United Nations University Institute in Macau
- Tim Unwin, Chairholder of the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D, and Emeritus Professor of Geography at Royal Holloway, Unversity of London; formerly Secretary General of the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (2011-2015).
- Max Hamilton (Convenor YouthDESC)
Associate Members are those interested in and supportive of the coalition’s work but at present are not able to take a proactive role as Members.
- Ali Husnain, Lecturer, Department of Computer Science, COMSATS University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Bryan Plummer, Signalytic
- Carlos Álvarez Pereira, Executive Board and Treasurer, Club of Rome, Spain
- Gema del Rio Castro, Center for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI), Spain
- Maja van der Velden, Professor, Sustainabillity & Design Lab, Department of Informatics, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Michelle Thorne, Green Web Foundation
- Peter H. Hellmonds, Founder and CEO, Arete Publica Associates
- Ugo Vallauri, Policy Lead and Co-Founder, The Restart Project
Return to Digital-Environment System Coalition
Last updated 3 June 2021