This is the section of our site that reports and shares knowledge and resources on the UKRI GCRF South-South Migration, Inequality and Development Hub (MIDEQ), led by Heaven Crawley of Coventry University, of which the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D is a partner. Our interdisciplinary work focuses at the interface between technology, inequality and migration (TIM), and is led by Prof. G. “Hari” Harindranath, supported by Tim Unwin.
Please help us in our research
If you would like to help us in our ongoing work, please share the following links to our online surveys for migrants, return migrants and their families:
- आप्रवासी र डिजिटल प्रविधिहरु (नेपाली) (for Nepali migrants and their families)
- For migrants in South Africa (in English)
- For migrants in Malaysia (in English), and (in Nepali)
- For migrants in Ghana (in English)
Links about our work
The following links provide more information about our work:
- Updates on our work will be posted on our blog
- Where and how we are working
- Access to resources
- See here for a short introduction to some of the more interesting literature in this field.
- Postgraduate and post-doctoral activities:
Following our initial inception meeting in Accra in February 2019 (photo above), the Hub held a second major meeting in Nairobi in September-October 2019 which included substantial amounts of training for all of our researchers. Glimpses of some of the activities are shown below:
Latest update 6th May 2020